Well I got lost in the wiki maze. Not knowing anything about what a wiki is or how it could be used, I found this quite an education. The idea of a community or library wiki with interesting links sounds very useful. Of course during this I became completely derailed with all the interesting book sites. I liked downersgrovelibrary.org readalikes, booklovers.pbwiki.com and ricklibrarian.blogspot.com and parkcitylibrary.org. I'll have to look into a bunch of titles I wrote down. The site uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Librarian was a hoot.
All in all this was very interesting and informative and reminded me of the democratic ideals of a public library for access and decemination of information. I also learned that the term blog came from web log. The problem I find is that I get lost in a web of information with no end-and that can become confusing. Maybe it's just me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment